Thursday, November 5, 2015

Eddy & Cric

When I originally designed the character Eddy Kit, he was going to be a super-hero who had no powers. He was just going to go around town and get back at people that bothered him; like those that let dogs poop in his yard or not washing their hands after using a public restroom. Etiquette...Eddy Kit, get it. Ha that is not really very funny is it.



Well, the idea didn't have much too it and after drawing a comic strip to introduce him in May 2015...Eddy ended up in limbo.

Fast forward to the updated Purrett Productions and the addition of animation (thanks to the awesome Smith Micro software "Anime Studio").  Eddy Kit was one of a few potential ideas to be the first YouTube cartoon on our channel.  The show was still up in the air until one Sunday night in August.

The story goes like this... I was upstairs when my daughter came running up from the basement frantically calling for me. My wife and oldest daughter were still downstairs, for all I know getting eaten by that spider from Lord of the Rings by the sounds of it. When I got downstairs, ready for the battle of my life...which means I had a really big shoe, I discovered the real issue.  Wait for it...a cricket.

There is another long story that goes into the cricket thing, however, to sum it up my wife is deathly afraid of them. So after, i rescued the poor critter and took it outside, against my wife's protests I might add. I went back to what I was doing. After a few moments, I began to chuckle at the whole event. That was when I thought it would be mildly humourous to have a second character named cricket...Cric Kit, that would be Eddy's wife added to the show. And the show became about their lives.

Eddy was now an inventor and Cric a very intellegent school teacher that tolerates Eddy becuase he is funny. It is basically our lives. And yes, I really do get upset when people let their dogs poop in my yard.

Having the Eddy & Cric show loosely based upon our lives and reactions to things has led to a multitude of storylines, which I hope viewers find entertaining. We are working on our 5th full episode, "The Spider", and have many more to come.

Enjoy The Journey!
Christopher M. Purrett
Purrett.com
YouTube Purrett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Purrett Productions - Art & Animation. Discover more at Purrett.com